A WET’N’WILD birthday party is all about summer!
Create a beach atmosphere with brightly colored beach towels, serve fish’n’chips, make a sandcastle birthday cake, play water based games and most importantly serve ICE-CREAM!! Now listen to the squeals of delight!
Hello, I am the creator of www.imprintables.com.au a range of children’s themed stylish party invitations. All my designs are based on concepts for children’s parties and would like to share with you my son’s third birthday party. The party was held in our Aussie summer with a range of children aged between 1yr – 4yrs so the games and food had to cater for all. Below are a few sinppets of the party. I hope you’ll enjoy them!
Summer Children’s Party Ideas
TOP: Ice-cream party invitation available from The Infant Boutique.
BELOW: Handcrafted ice-cream invitation
Sunglasses were given to each child by the birthday boy as a way to welcome each guest and to get them into the summer spirit.
Mini ice-cream cones are perfect for small hands to hold.
Paper napkins teamed with paper lunch boxes are perfect for Fish’n’Chips. I also added fresh corn cobs for a healthier food option.
Summer Party Games
1. The Cup Race – balance a cup of water on your head while trying to walk as fast as possible to the finish line.
2. A sand pit was great to keep the little ones entertained
3.The Big Water Balloon Fight – with two teams on either end, what could be more fun than getting blasted by a water balloon – mums, my advice is to duck for cover.
4. Slip’n’Slide – the hit of the party, add a little baby shampoo to make it slippery.
Using a sandcastle mould, line with cling wrap and fill with your favourite ice-cream flavor. Turn upside down to serve. Add crushed biscuits to create the look of sand and decorate with surfboard candles, fish etc. What child doesn’t ADORE ice-cream cake!
Summer Birthday Party Decor
Paper daisy cups for serving ice-cream with matching spoons. Polka dotted hessian tablecoth and treasure hunt bags in coordinating colours.
Bright beach towels strung against the fence created a colorful backdrop. Beach towels, bean bags and beach umbrellas created that summery feel.
Hints of Summer
1. Walnut summer sandals -too sweet. http://www.walnutmelbourne.com/
2. Pineapple slushie’s recipe and image courtesy of Martha Stewart.
3. Personalised Ice-cream Spoons available form http://www.papercupdesign.com/
4. Ice-cream lollies were a favourite of mine as a child.
I would love to hear any feedback and have a few other photos of my children’s parties if you would like to view more. www.imprintables.com.au