DIY Confetti Poppers
Big announcements and exciting milestones deserve a special celebration that people of all ages can enjoy. These DIY confetti poppers bring an element of surprise and a pop of sparkle to any party and will be a memorable moment for your guests. Use these poppers as a sweet bridesmaid proposal box item, fun gender reveal or a dramatic wedding send off. Easy to make out of household items, these confetti poppers are a simple party favor that make for a big celebration.
This tutorial from Personal Creations includes printable designs to cover your poppers so that they will match any event and color scheme.
For the popper:
- 9” balloons
- Empty paper tubes (toilet paper rolls)
- Packing tape
- Printable labels
For the confetti:
- Metallic tissue paper
- Glitter, stickers, pretty paper, etc.
- Fringe scissors
- Knot your balloon, then cut off the tip. Stretch the balloon tightly around your toilet paper tube and secure with a piece of packing tape.
- Cut out your printable label and secure with tape around the tube. Add additional glitter or stickers if desired.
- To DIY your own confetti, take your fringe scissors and cut your metallic tissue paper and any additional paper you prefer to be made into confetti. We suggest making 3 tablespoons of confetti per tube.
- Add the confetti to the tube. You may need to use a rolled piece of paper as a funnel to guide your confetti into the tube.
- Cover the top of the confetti popper with a thin layer of tissue paper and tape. Then instruct guests to take off right before popping.
- To launch your confetti popper, pull down on the bottom knot of the balloon and let go. The confetti should shoot up in the air with a pop!
Download your popper templates here. Great for weddings, gender reveal parties and birthday parties.
A guest post by Katie Santos of Personal Creations.